Ottobre 2/2010 #1 Top & Skirt based on Ottobre 2/04 #40
TOP: I added sleeves using the sleeve pattern from Ottobre 2/2010 #11 and shortening them to be short sleeves. Other alterations include adding more drape at the neckline - I think I could have added a little more especially for this knit....
The fabric is a midweight Rayon-lycra blend that I purchased at a local independent sewing store. The fabric was on clearence (60% off! a great find for beautiful fabric)
SKIRT: is an 8 gore skirt based on Ottobre 2/04 #40. I traced the size 152, as I wanted a slim fit for the knit and then I shortened the pattern too. The fabric is a lightweight Poly-Lycra that I purchased when I was at a sewing course.
I purchased some additional beige fabric today to make a pair of matching capri length leggings. I'm not ready to wear skirts without leggings or nylons underneath. I think the lighter colour leggings will look better under the skirt -- currently I only have black leggings...
No comments:
Post a Comment