Monday, December 28, 2009

An old dress... worn again....

I first made this dress in 2003 for my older daughter to wear at 1yo... sorry I can't find a picture of it being worn...and it was by 2 different kids




And my youngest wore it when she was 1yo too! And she wore it again this year at 4!!! With a petticoat and matching leggings... (the matching dress her sister has from when she was 1 is still way too big for her)

So I made a petticoat & leggings. For the petticoat, no pattern was used, just a width of satin backed crepe leftover from my wedding dress - crepe side out, with pre-gathered eyelet attached at the hem, stitch up the back seam and add elastic at the waist. The leggings used an Ottobre pattern I'd previously traced for her from 1/08 (need to use a different pattern next time as these are a little tight!)






And I recreated a dress for me... but need to either take it in again or start over. I took it in in November and really should have taken it in again before wearing it to the Christmas party a couple of weeks ago.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wowee!! YOu look awesome. It does look like it's falling off your shoulder. Aside from that it looks great in the picture.

Mamis said...

Happy New Year!