Monday, December 28, 2009

OK its been a while....

First some sewing updates... I haven't been sewing much, but did get Christmas PJs for my older two ready for their Christmas Concert... and a matching pair for my youngest.
My sons PJs use a Stretch & Sew pattern I've used before for the pants, and the Ottobre pattern we made his back to school outfit in. The girls nighties are Ottobre too. I lengthened the yoke so more of the snowman print can be seen. I also made leggings from the Ottobre Lokki pattern. (my oldest had to wear them for the Christmas concert, so I was concerned both about warmth and modesty....)


For various kids, we did cookies in a jar - we made 12 jars full of cookies. So for my niece, we gave her a platter, cookie cutters, a cookie jar, cookie mix and a homemade apron.




The kids painted 18 scarfs this year, for various relatives. Forgot to get a photo of all of them before we gave them out.




The kids also made a few pet toys for the cats or dogs in the family. These were done mainly by the kids, with some help from mom teaching them the stitches, etc.... The idea came from the Owl magazine and use old gloves.

No comments: