
I pulled an older pattern out of the drawer and tried it... It is McCall's 4827 Pinafore & Blouse Pattern from 1975. I just made the Pinafore.


I used a size 2 for my 3.5yo daughter - her measurements were spot on for chest and waist. There was only a single size in the envelope... I did lengthen the bodice an inch and added wide eyelet trim to the hem. I was hoping the fit would be better than current patterns. This pattern has about 3.5" of ease at the waist, which would probably be fine in the winter with heavier tshirts or blouses underneath, but with a light tshirt or nothing underneath in the summer, it really is too much ease. Some of the ease can be taken in by the ties. In the drawings on the envelope, the skirt looks much shorter than actual length, but my daughter prefers a longer dress. I solved the length problem by adding the eyelet. And I sewed the bow on so it ties in the front (oops...)
1 comment:
So cute! I like those 70's girls patterns, too.
Post a Comment