Just over a month ago the local Fabricland store closed (the only chain fabric store around) due to a lease problem (landlords upped the rent 40-50%). They opened one up across the river, meaning I have to cross the bridge to get there - so I can't easily drop to the store while the kids are in school. And the way evenings and weekends have been recently - I just haven't had time for the trek! And even though I have some time today, it is really out of my way....
So instead I have been visiting the local independent stores. Before Mother's Day I went into the local Quilt Store and had great help and found exactly what I was looking for. I've bought a few things at Fabricana a local family owned store. Today I'm headed into Sundrop Textiles to get bra cups. There is also a sewing machine store that has quilting classes and may sell fabrics as well - I haven't been in recently but may have to check it out soon.
I am so lucky I have such a large selection of independent stores, I haven't been doing any impulse shopping as prices are a little higher for some things, especially notions. The only other difficulty I'm finding is some of these stores have shorter store hours and aren't open when I have time to get there so these trips need to be planned.... something I'm not always so good about doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment