Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fabric Found!

I went back to the fabric stores on Friday morning and still no traditional plaid/tartan. I also called to another store (about an hour drive away) to see if they had any. No luck. But since KwikSew patterns were 1/2 price today, I went back to get the pattern. Guess what arrived in yesterday's shipment? Traditional Scottish plaids in poly/rayon blend! They had 3 or 4 red different red tartans - I chose the Royal Stewart tartan (the one I'd originally been looking for).


Plans for the Christmas Dress
Ottobre 1/07 #25 (Taffeta Dress) with the plaid skirt and black bodice. I think I will do the belt with the plaid on the bias. The sleeve and neck binding will be the plaid on the bias.

I also picked up KS3594 as I wanted a pattern for a full band bra. Notions, interfacing and other items were on sale, but the girls were with me so I didn't stop to look at those. The sale is for another 3 days, so hopefully I'll have a chance to go grab a few notions.

No comments: