
The vest is looking good. I temporarily abandoned the black one to start work on the purple one. I learned lots about the whole process and it was great to practice with an actual vest before making the one in purple. Changes I made for the purple one include, slightly tweaking the back fit (went from too snug to too loose), using 1" seam allowances, and improved my basting stitches for the interfacing. I really liked the 1" seam allowance - much easier to pin and sew!
2.5 hours of basting!!!! The braid is now basted on, just over 2m of it..... Next steps are to stitch it on the machine, make 10 button holes, slip stitch the CB lining seam and stitch on the hook & eyes. I must get this done by Friday as she needs it Saturday morning. As long as the 2yo doesn't nap today, I'll be able to hand-baste tonight.
2 comments:
OOh I made a couple of those in my daughters Highland "career"! Yours is looking great.
Connie, thanks for looking...
Post a Comment