 |
| Using Curve Piecing |
 |
| With a lighthouse.... |
This is my lighthouse quilt block. The the fabrics are leftovers from the kits I bought. I started with the water, building up the layers of sand and rock, then adding clouds and sky. The technique I used is detailed at
Red Pepper Quilts.
After I had a finished the background, I started building my lighthouse.
 |
| My completed blocks. |
 |
My scrap pile from the kits.... some of this
is still usable. I will cut it into small pieces
later..... |
At this point I packed up my temporary sewing space and drove home with the kids from camp..... The quilt now needed boarders.... I stopped by a local store and picked up some black for sashing. And then used the background from the crab, seahorse and octopus for a thin accent.
 |
| Complete top with sashing |
 |
| Loaded on the frame |
 |
On the last row of sashing quilting.
Next back to quilt the blocks |
 |
| A cute little horse..... |

While I was away 2 of my machines were in for a cleaning and checkup. So when getting my embroidery machine back I had to test it out.....
The right is the test stitch out from the shop! I love that they chose the same design that I go to when having problems..... If I can't get a design to work, then I will often clean the machine, then stitch out this same butterfly!
The kids sewing machine is in the shop and I'll pick it up Friday (its ready, just don't have time to drive out!)
No comments:
Post a Comment