Friday, March 6, 2015

Quilt guild sewing....


Flying Colours
Tonight is my local quilt guild's meeting.  This month our postcards are due for a postcard swap with another quilt guild in the province.   The theme is spring.....

I couldn't get inspired so I did a google search for spring quilts.... and found the quilt Flying Colours at HomeSpun.

I really liked the pentagram log cabin birdhouse.  Mine is scrappy, and foundation pieced onto tearaway stabilizer (that I left in the postcard).   After I finished the birdhouse, I thought it needed a bird, so I drew the bird on Steam-A-Seam 2 and appliqued it on.

My Postcard
We also have a Block of the Month lottery.....   Here is my block....   I haven't won yet... but maybe..... This was a fairly easy block to complete...  I found 2 matching green buttons for eyes.  

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh, that bird house is fantastic! Love its slightly wonky look