![]() |
| Cutting out Bagpipe Bags |
It has been a busy week of sewing.... and I've gotten a number of things started, and two completed. Most was completed on Monday and today, but I did manage to get an hour or so sewing on Tuesday too!Linking UP with WIP Wednesdays @ Freshly Peiced
Completed Projects Since Dec 1st
- Postcard Exchange Postcard
- Bagpipe Bags -- At my 11yos bagpiping lessons this week, I was asked if I would cut out a few bags for them. So that was completed during her lesson.
And some winter crafting.....


The first project I am working on this week is getting this quilt quilted..... It is on the longarm and I decided to use red variegated thread on the top and solid red on the bottom. I was going to freehand it, but decided that I'd use a pantograph to get it done. I liked the swirls and flowers in the pattern.... I've finished 2 passes.... I haven't calculated how many more to go, but probably 8-10 more (I know simple math, but sometimes I don't want to know!)
![]() |
| 2nd Row Finished |
![]() |
| How it was this morning. Laying out Pantograph |
And the other one is sewing the Hornpipe Costume. I have started on the Pants -- they still need a waistband and hem. I have made a second PJ top out of the second muslin, and now am on the third muslin.
Also pictured is the dance mat bag -- think a large bag designed to hold the 24" foam floor tiles.
![]() |
| 2nd Muslin with pins in marking changes Time to Alter the pattern again This has since had the collar removed and the hems completed, and FOE added at the neckline |
![]() |
| Muslin #3 -- Ready to test fit |
![]() |
| Hornpipe pants -- ready for waistband and hemming Dance Mat Bag (Plaid) ready for stitching but needs blue thread in the serger (currently pink!) |
And I have cut out, prepped and ready to sew the bag for pattern testing..... And its a double project -- made from kilt fabric so it will be donated to the pipeband for its upcoming Silent Auction!
![]() |
| Sew Sweetness Bag -- interfaced and ready to start sewing |
posted from Bloggeroid







No comments:
Post a Comment