Thursday, October 20, 2011

My daughter's sewing





My daughter made a bag for her friend's birthday present.  She is getting good at the sewing part - now the cutting she leaves to me (I think she's scared of the rotary cutter) but will do all the pressing.
She learnt a new technique... Paper piecing, although I don't think she understands the steps yet, she saw how easy it was for things to go together...  She used this pattern for her scottie dog.



The back was a basic 4 patch, as we were working with scraps of fabric, we didn't have enough fabric of any one colour for the back... The inside was some left over Care Bear fabric that she'd sewn into a baby quilt  last year.


Handmade by HeidiFriday night sew in is tomorrow... and I will be sewing!  Head on over to Crafty Vegas Mom to sign up...  Right now 148 people are signed up!  It'll be great checking out what everyone has worked on this weekend!


1 comment:

Manda said...

Great job with the paper piecing! I guess if your daughter can paper piece I have no excuse not to try!