Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Updates, Stash Report, & April UFO Challenge - COMPLETE!

So this week I didn`t get much sewing done.  My grandmother has been in the hospital and the visits, worry and stress about that this past week has interrupted my time and want to sew...  My grandmother was moved Thursday  into a rehab unit as a slightly closer hospital and is doing wonderfully.  And since she is in rehab and in `classes`all day, she can`t have visitors!  (I love visiting her, but it was taking my sewing time....)

My 8yo completed one quick gift, and I completed a second.  As luck would have it, the sewing I did was also completing the first of my April UFOs!!!

A zippered bag, sewn by my 8yo.
She put in the invisible zipper, too.  

Small zippered bag
From a Free Motion Quilting Sample from the Sewing show.
Zipper added, and binding for ends/handle



Stash Report - Week 15 / 2011 (April 4-10)
Used this Week: 0.4m
Used year to Date: 46.5
Added this Week: 6.0m
Added Year to Date: 13.9 meters
Net Used for 2011: 32.6

2 comments:

colorchic said...

I seriously need to get better at sewing in zippers so I can make some of those cute pouches!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on the UFO bust. Nice. I'm glad to hear your grandmother is do well in rehab.