Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wear Red for the Heart & Stroke Foundation!







Heart Shorts - Front
Originally uploaded by leahholland
My 7yo wanted red shorts for Jump Rope for Heart Day at school supporting the Canadian Heart and Stroke foundation. The kids were asked to wear red to school.... but she didn't have any red shorts or pants since she usually wears dresses.... So mom to the rescue. The main fabric is white baby cord, with velour red hearts, heart trim along the pockets and yoke, and heart fabric for the yoke and pockets.

I chose 02/05 #32 Safari Shorts and shortened them as she didn't want them to roll up. I also skipped the external waistband and just folded the elastic down. I did this because most patterns are too long in the rise for her. If I were to do this again, I would need to adjust the pockets for turning the top edge over with elastic -- the hand opening is a little small.

No comments: