Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Sewing for ME in the New Year!


Jazz-ottobre02-2008-05
Originally uploaded by leahholland
Jazz-ottobre02-2008-05

Ottobre 02/2008 #5 Jazz Pants

I am in desperate need of new PJ pants and thought these looked like a great pair to try. I'd made this pattern a year ago (in a different size) and like them for the most part, although didn't like the waistband...

Today I made these in a size 40 in light grey rib knit, with the only alteration being the waistband and shortening the leg length 1".

For the waistband, I just used a 4" strip of fabric with 1.25" wide elastic in it and attached it. If I'd been thinking I would have just raised the waistband and serged on the elastic.

I think the fit is great, they are comfy and will work well as PJ pants. I am going to try them in a heavier weight fabric for some workout pants too!

1 comment:

Marianne Penner said...

They look nice and comfy!