A doll's quilt... the smile says it all... Alex (age 6) did all the sewing (except binding), my son did the embroidery for the quilting on the embroidery machine, and I cut fabric and pressed...
The pattern recommended using a fusible grid to place the squares on and then stitching everything together. This was a stash project that didn't include any fusible stash, so this was done by piecing the squares...
Closeups of the embroidery
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
That is so good! She did a beautiful job!!!! I haven't ever made a quilt but I have found a good deal on ebay for some four inch squares so I bought them. I am not even sure how to get started!
2 comments:
That is so good! She did a beautiful job!!!! I haven't ever made a quilt but I have found a good deal on ebay for some four inch squares so I bought them. I am not even sure how to get started!
Your daughters quilt is so nice. I love the embroidery.
Post a Comment