The first quilt is a 9 patch quilt using reds, blues & yellows with teacher motifs. I'm debating whether it will be a retirement gift for my mom, or placemats for teacher gifts at Christmas. Christmas Quilts
I have chosen patterns and fabrics for my kids quilts. One has been started and I have approximately 1/4 of the blocks ready on it. It has large blocks (12"square) as its from a large print to match the bedroom curtains, etc. I have the backing fabric and need more fabric for binding.
The second I had most of the fabrics for the quilt top in the house and had to pickup a few pieces to make the quilt top. I will also need to purchase binding and backing fabric at some point too...
The third quilt is for my son and I've got some ideas finalized and others are still being figured out. The theme is nautical so I have some blocks I'd like to do, but am trying to come up with a few more blocks to go in it. I did just purchase some more fabric for it. I have enough for the backing, borders, binding, but might need a little more for a few of the blocks as I don't have much in my stash in the right colours.
Alterations & Sewing for me and others
Projects for me:
- RTW exercise top pulled apart to shorten the straps so the built in bra is useful! I think I'm taking 1.5" off the straps....
- OD 2/08 #20 Non-Maternity -- Cut out; one of the fabrics is left over from a sling I made for a gift, the other was a dress that is WAY too big for me, and had a failed zipper.
- KS3315 Jeans Modifications - are currently cut apart as they were nearly new and too big now
- OD 02/08 #1 - Tank
- OD 02/03 #45 - Top - I've been wanting to make this for years, but now I'm in the size range I don't have to grade it.
Projects for others:
- Shorts for my son - need to be sewn together...
- Purse for my mom
- Seat cover for Mom's rocking chair, to match her Christmas present
- Hem a top for dd2
No comments:
Post a Comment