Friday, July 25, 2008

A new skirt


skirt
Originally uploaded by leahholland
My 7yo son enjoyed placing the embroidery on this skirt - and he had some great help from his 5yo sister. He had a little direction from me, so that different designs were chosen (not all the same in an area) and so that all colours were used. The flowers match the trim used to bind the pockets, edge and hem.

This skirt is based on one in Ottobre 2/06 (I think that's the issue) but I didn't have the issue with me while on holidays, so I used the waistband that fit from Ottobre 2/07 #17 (my tnt pants) and drafted the skirt. I also added pockets - because I can't live without them.

The kids think they need their own embroidery machine now!

2 comments:

Pam Erny said...

Hi Leah,

Love the skirt...pretty embroidery!

Pam

Dionne said...

This skirt is brilliant! I love it, looks pretty and still comfortable. Everything I look for in clothes. After reading your blog I think I need an embroidery machine!