Monday, March 10, 2008

Bra Sewing

I've been tweaking my bra pattern and completed two more bras... one black, the other red & white. I'm having problems finding wires short enough to fit, so I tried cutting one set of wires last night. But the glue dried funny, so now I need to remove the glue and try again so there's no rough wire showing.

I really wish more stores would carry bra making supplies. I ran out of a few items (channelling, hooks, wires) at midnight on Saturday. Two local stores had some of the parts I needed, but still had to head out to a third store to get the hooks today (it isn't open Sundays!).

I've started Ottobre 2/08 #8 in a dark blue fabric with yellow flowers. I'm using a yellow fabric for the bias binding. I'm not happy with how the bindings going, so I'll be using a different method for the armholes.

This past week I've also been doing some mending... replaced a zipper, patched jeans, stitched side seams on a sweater. And finished two undershirts for dd2 (originally cutout for dd1)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

For supplies, have you tried calling Needle Nook Fabrics www.ndlnookfab.blogspot.com/ ? Ann St. Clair is an expert in undergarment making and carries all of the supplies as well as her own pattens. I found out about her through the Sew Forth Now podcast. Episodes 5, 21, and 24 feature Ann.